Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hoo Yee Kee (Prawn Mee...)

Branch : PS 3-1A, Jalan Desa 2/2, Block J, Desa Aman Puri, Kepong, 52100 Kuala Lumpur

Last weekend, big brother, King and I went to have Prawn Mee at this so-called "Penang Mali", very "authentic", "original" restaurant located in Kepong, a very well-known "Hoo Yee Kee".

My brother was very adventurous with his Mee York and wanted Crab with it. An amazing ... RM19.00, "sembilan belas ringgit sahaja". The crab was seriously out of date, the flesh was oh so soft and my brother was pissed!

The King ordered the Prawn Mee, normal, nothing added at only RM 4.50, that was all right to me, although he said it tasted a little bland.

I ordered Herbal Chicken Noodle, big piece of chicken thigh at RM 9.00. So, I guess it was all right. Tasted well too except the noodles was a little small on serving.

Drinks, as usual were a little pricey.... everywhere it is always pricey, despite the low cost of sales! Should boycott drinks and bring my own tumbler, if they ask, I'd say, "Holy Water", you got meh? It can cure my lupus one.... hahahaha

Okie, back to my horrible dinner meal ... It cost three of us RM 65.90 and none of us liked it.


So, if you want to try it out, go for the "normal" prawn mee, try their pork ribs too, it is quite nice. Avoid Lala because it is small and not fresh!!

For RM 65.90, my opportunity cost was 3 bags of feline fresh pine litter for my little kittens. Yes, it is time to be cost-concious, I am having porridge tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahhhhhhhh...so expensive!

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

Been there before......found it overpriced and too much hype with nothing to show for it.

Anonymous said...

yupp..
this is the brother speaking...

The place...nice ambience...nice decor and they got two nice parrokee...i think!!

BUt the price is expensive...tastlesss.....the bloody crab meat soggy!!!!

and it don't even come close to taste like crab soup or even prawn mee.


If u really wan to eat prawn mee at that expensive price.....
call me..i will give u a treat at jalan pahang!!!!

it is the best prawn mee....i have taste so far
but beware...the owner is LCLY ..non aircon...nad non-halal as they do tambah pork ribs when request..

A bowl might set u back Rm20.......hehehe

Just like Durian....
D24 and kampung durian is nothing once u tastes...ta.daaaa


"Mou Sang Wong"" or "Prawn Durian"....wow they are the best!!!!

once u taste it.....my god...Feel like heaven...

Oui...ask your king to download the photo lah...

NOw i know why my sugar level kaput!!!!!