Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

KWSP (EPF) Kiosk Pintar (Smart Kiosk)


I was roaming around IJN (Institut Jantung Negara) or in English, “National Heart Institute” yesterday and I came across this KWSP (EPF) machine at the lobby area “Kiosk Pintar” (Smart Kiosk) … now, how smart can it get?

How smart can it get lah?

My first expectation, it is probably not working or even BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), something must be wrong! It is a government machine, in a public area, sure got problem one!!

I walked into the room, air-cond was off, and I have this machine staring at me.


First : Insert your smart card (Identification card with chip) ….
Then, put your right thumb on the scanner …….

10 seconds later…..

Talah … my name then appeared on the screen, not bad!!

And I was given the choice to get a temporary pin for online access of my KWSP (EFP) account on http://www.kwsp.gov.my/
OR
to generate a paper statement from the machine!
Wow! Paper statement … (I was telling myself, “sure no paper one…government machine mah, sure no refill”). YIKES, I was wrong (again!), an A4 sized statement was made available in less than 30 seconds!



For a moment (10 minutes or so), I was one very happy KWSP (EPF) member.


EPF - Employees Provident Fund
KWSP - Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja

No comments: