Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A(H1N1) Spreads ....

I'm getting paranoid over the sudden surges in H1N1 cases. Third school (Seri Cempaka) is now closed!

The count is 69! OMG!

Yes, I am worried! I wouldn't want to catch any bug, especially now that I am on road to remission (currently on preds 5mg!)

Last week Monday, we had an Australian visitor. Then Friday, I started feeling feverish, lethary and developed rashes. Saturday, Sunday felt a bit feverish, dry cough ... damn, am I imagining things?
I e-mailed him and he said he is okay, so, I guess I should be ok too...

Yesterday, I didn't go to work.

Today, I avoided work, as another Australian will be in our office...

Not taking any chances.

Hubby said, no more cinema until this H1N1 is under control.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don´t know if I can help any, but let me tell you I´ve reached this post while looking for alternatives and guidance for my wife, who has LES but no flares. She´s always shown low white blood cell count though. Now, SHE is a physician, a GP involved with the handicapped and I am one too, having to face sick people every day. The chances of infection are HIGH. And the virus is now rampant here in Honduras. My advice: keep calm, stay informed and in touch with your doctor. If possible, find out if and how you can be treated with antivirals as soon as you are diagnosed. I believe, though (and this is ME) that infection with this virus, now that it has not mutated to a more virulent strain, might be better than waiting and risking an infection later. But that´s my PERSONAL opinion. Good luck!

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

this is cookie's school. she's under house quarantine until sunday. she's ok, though. thank goodness.

yes, don't take chances now that you are on the road to remission. (so happy to hear this. :)) )

lupie said...

Thanks doclalima for the insight over the flu virus. It does get worrying when it mutates... plus, with having lupus, sometimes, I tend to just ignore the symptons thinking that it is one of "those days" ...

Cookie okay? She's a teacher

I am okay so far, I guess all is well!