Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Lupie the Strange ...

I am getting very strange BP readings ...
Very ... very strange ...

It seems like at home it is not too bad? Probably I am surrounded by my loving cats and blood pressure just goes down when I see my "bubus" ?

First reading at Hospital Selayang was 150/90 - I was skeptical, thinking probably some leak somewhere ?????

Then, on my home blood pressure machine, BP's' measured weren't that bad - the worst value I've gotten was like 132/91, then I realised my Microlife BP monitor was pissing air ... leak-lah.

So, I rushed out at night, hoping to get my blood pressure checked at the nearest 1Malaysia clinic in Puchong Intan ... guess what? I couldn't find it, despite using my GPS ... can't even locate "Jalan Satu" ... spent 1 hour round and round with hubby and finally we gave up.

I was still very persistent in getting a second opinion of my BP ... so, I went to IOI mall, free BP test at pharmacy ..... WOW ... my reading was like 157/103 ... and I told myself, hey get a new BP machine, yup same one and they tested me on the spot (with the machine I bought) and it was still around the range of 150/90 something ...

I got home, tested myself ... again and again ... value were perfectly normal! I was getting values like 120/80 ..... 117/80 ... hey what happened? I spent RM329 on this machine and it acted just like my old Microlife!!

I woke up this morning. Tested myself again with my brand new OMRON ... same same normal range values ... good - maybe I don't need meds after all!

Just to confirm, I went to the nearest clinic at work, same building and requested a blood pressure test .... talah ...... 150/100!!! checked twice ...

So, what's going on ? About 45 minutes ago I checked my BPs, values were a-okay, normal .... don't tell me my house has a sacred aura that protects its occupants? Or is it my kitty cats????

BUT, not so good news is I've tested with urine dipstick twice, and my protein is coloured at the +3 level ... the max value for this particular dipstick.

Aaahhhh ... I wanna go to sleep now, yes, V-Power is almost out for the day, the fact is, I worked today ...

No comments: