Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

My magic powder - Baking Soda

I have found a "best kitchen buddy" - it is none other than Baking Soda!
Nope, I don't bake but, this magic powder is simply wonderful in getting rid of chicken smell!!!
Also, it does wonder in tenderising, so meat remains soft and juicy after cooking!

Simply sprinkle and rub baking soda on cut meat (chicken, beef, pork ...) and let it sit for 5 minutes or so, then rinse off. Trust me, the meat will be rid of that funky weird chicken/beef/pork smell and will taste tender and soft even after cooking! A little trick that works wonder!!

So here we have, another use for baking soda, other than de-odouring my cat's litter box ... psstt.... I use baking soda from the same box for both functions muahahaha...

3 comments:

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

OMG!!! You know what? The first thot that crossed my mind was, that thingy that you used for your cat litter box?? And yes.....!!! Muahahahahah!!!

But, hey, thanks for the tip! I didn't know baking soda has other uses before this! :)

Anonymous said...

Sure or Not!!!

Wondering can use for my armpit and my smelly foot especially long tiring days work!!

Anonymous said...

thanx for the useful info!